My Favourite Products


My Top Products

There are so many health and fitness products out there on the market that it is hard to know what is worth buying and what isn't. We all have our favourite choices that we would swear by and I thought it would be good to share them here!

Protein Shakes

Personally, I opt for a low carb whey protein shake as my aim is to get lean and toned and I use it post workout where I need fast absorbing protein. I prefer chocolate flavour, in particular these two favourite brands:


QNT Zero Carb Metapure Whey Protein - Chocolate 

- 106 cals, 25g Protein, >1g Carbs (30g serving)

-This shake is absolutely great. It actually tastes chocolatey and if you blend it with water and ice, tastes exactly like a chocolate milkshake. It has next to no carbs and is only 100 calories. I couldn't ask for a better post workout shake.

Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein - Chocolate 



- 111 cals, 24g Protein, 1.6g Carbs (30g serving)

- This is also a good tasting shake. It works best with less water added and so is perfect if you don't want to feel bloated after a session from downing lots of liquid. Again, it is low calorie and low in carbs, which makes it a perfect lean shake.




Protein Bars


I would usually urge you to stay clear of protein bars as they tend to be very high in sugar and therefore, a protein shake would always be better. However, this particular brand has created a formula which means their bars are low net carbs:

Quest Bars 

- 180 Cals, 21g Protein, 22g Carbs  - 17g Fibre, 1g Sugar, 3g Net Carbs (Cookies and Cream Quest Bar)

-At first, these bars appear to contain a normal level of carbs compared to a bog standard protein bar, however at second glance, here the carb values are mostly made up of fibre. Fibre cannot be absorbed by the body and so it passes through us- therefore any fibre calories do not count. What's more, the fibre helps to break down other nutrients that have been consumed.
- They have made so many flavours of Quest Bar. I am currently in the process of trying them all, but I would definitely recommend Cookies and Cream, Peanut Butter, Double Chocolate Chunk. You feel great about eating these as they count as a healthy, high protein, chocolatey treat! 


Peanut Butter

I choose to eat a lot of peanut butter knowing it is a product high in fat. However, I hate it when it is also a product high in sugar - it is a totally unnecessary addition. I have two favourite peanut butters that I have. One is a high protein PB which I have with oats, in shakes, as post workout meals etc and the other is a standard PB for snacking and cooking with. Both are low in carbs - just like PB should be


Nuts N More High Protein Peanut Butter 

-188 Cals, 14g Protein, 6g Carbs - 5g Fibre, 1g Sugar (2 tablespoons) 

-This PB is the best tasting PB I have ever tried, and I have tried a lot. It is great on toast, with oats in a flapjack, or simply on a spoon. It contains flaxseeds, omega 3 and no added salt. It is high in protein, keeping you fuller for longer as well as having no added sugar. 
- They also have many different flavours of PB and sell almond butters too. As well as loving the plain PB, I am a huge fan of the Toffee Crunch PB and the Chocolate PB.


Peanut Butter & Co Crunchy Time PB 

-180 cals, 7g Protein, 8g Carbs - 2g Fibre, 3g Sugar (2 tablespoons)

- This PB has a very different texture from most PBs. It is less of a spread and more liquidy with actual chunks of peanut. This makes it perfect for cooking - using as a satay sauce on chicken or in a stirfry. It is also great to have on toast with jam. 
- It's only ingredients is peanuts and so it doesn't contain any added sugar or palm oil or anything. It is a healthy, tasty choice and I love it.


Cereal

There are hundreds of cereals out there, with many claiming to be healthy, low calorie options. However, most are still filled with tonnes of sugar - exactly the nutrient we should be cutting down on. I have found a very low sugar cereal/ granola and I think it tastes great with milk, yoghurt, whatever!

Eat Natural with Nuts and Seeds  




- 219 cals, 5.8g protein, 19.5g carbs- 3.9g fibre, 6.4g sugar (50g serving)

- This cereal is full of good fats- containing cocount, almonds, rice puffs, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds. It helps to keep you fuller for longer, unlike other cereals which barely fill you up. It is great tasting and contains little sugar, so is a healthy option for breakfast.
- I love to mix it with some oats, peanut butter and honey to create my own tasty flapjack mixture!



 Supplier 

Health and Fitness products are sold at different prices everywhere you go. Therefore it is important to know where the best place to buy products from are. 

Dolphin Fitness 

To buy my Protein Shakes, I use Dolphin Fitness. They have any brand you could want at very low prices. They offer different sized tubs, with increasing discounts as you buy more. You can get free delivery if you pick delivery 9am-5pm and they are reliable at delivering on the correct day. You also get a free gift with your purchases occasionally. They offer another 5% off all purchases if you put in the code. 



In my opinion these are some of the tastiest brands around and they suit my goals perfectly. I would recommend any of them in a heart beat, but understand my opinions are not always shared by others.

Having said that, I urge that you give them a go as you never know until you try!