Where it all began


Where it all began


Easter 2013, I was fortunate enough to catch the fitness vibe, and the rest as they say, is history! (Minus a few hiccups along the way)

A little bit about me

At school I had always been a sporty girl, captaining the 1st lacrosse team, winning county tennis doubles tournaments and being part of a 3 year unbeaten relay team. However, I have never had the slim body that one would assume to go with such an active person. Don't get me wrong, I have never been fat, but I have always been strong, powerful and enjoyed my fair share of food. My body definitely showed for that.

For the first time

That all got shaken up in my final year at school around Easter time, when I was introduced to a certain Mr Jamie Eames, a guy that I owe a large part of my confidence to. Jamie was a personal trainer a David Lloyd. Until being formally introduced, I had only longingly watched him putting clients through their paces from the cardio section of the gym. I won't bore you with the details, but in a matter of minutes of chatting to him for the first time, it had been decided that I too were to be one of his clients, sweating and jumping about like a crazy person in only a matter of days.

Catching the bug

My first training session is a bit of a blur. I only really remember collapsing on the sofa as soon as I got home and falling asleep for a good half an hour. Waking up the next day and not being able to move is also quite a vivid memory and having to soley train upper body 4 rest days later because my legs still did not fully function rings a few bells. But despite the pain, the bug had been caught! I loved every second of my training sessions, from squats, to walking lunges, to box jumps, to sprints, to boxing. Every exercise I was given, I did with a beaming smile (apart from the dreaded kettle bell swings). 'I fell in love [with exercising], much like you fall asleep, slowly and then all at once' (John Green).

Getting into a regime 

After one particular session, Jamie made me one of his protein shakes and with that, my diet changed as well. I started eating breakfast a
gain, something I had stopped as I preferred the extra 15 minutes in bed before school each morning. I stopped doing the 5/2 diet and calorie counting. I even stopped snacking and began eating 4/5 clear meals a day, every day.

A Confident Me 

Over the time of my A levels, my body changed dramatically. Never in my life had I worn a vest top without anything ontop of it, especially not a tight one. Never before had I felt comfortable wearing a triangle bikini. Never before had a felt like my body was 'fit'. That is, until then.

I will never forget when I walked into school for my final exam in a tight vest top and shorts and a girl double took because she didn't recognise me at all anymore. Neither will I forget the compliments I received at a party a few days later wearing heels, white skinny jeans and a black boob tube. But to top it all off, I will never forget how stunning I felt in my tight, blue prom dress.


Over my A levels I transformed from a caterpillar into a butterfly, and with it, I gained all the body confidence in the world!

This was to be my new life, a new life of FIT.

















No comments:

Post a Comment